If you’ve had a composite filling, we recommend a few things to optimize your recovery.
- Avoid chewing until the numbness has worn off to avoid accidently biting on and causing trauma to your cheek or tongue.
- Avoid hot beverages and hot food until the numbness has completely worn off. It is very easy to burn your mouth while still numb.
- We recommend softer foods and liquids on the day of composite fillings.
- Both the injection site and the gums around the tooth we worked on may be sore after treatment. Ibuprofen or Tylenol works best to alleviate this tenderness.
- Sensitivity to hot and cold is not uncommon after fillings. We expect this type of sensitivity to go away with time. Sometimes the tooth needs a few weeks to completely heal.
- If you experience pain upon biting down on the tooth let us know, a bite adjustment of your new filling may be needed.
- We recommend that you brush, floss and rinse your teeth gently the day of your filling.
Having composite filling issues?
If you experience persistent pain, if your bite feels uneven or if you have any additional questions, please give our office a call at (801) 571-6688 so that we may address your concern.
Dr. Chase Judd can restore your smile with composite fillings in Draper, Utah. When you come to our office, our dentist and team will make sure you get quality care and information to have an enjoyable treatment and recovery.